If you have any questions or concerns about building security which are not answered below or if you have an emergency within the Juvenile Justice Center, please contact the Fulton County Sheriff's Department at (404) 612-5152.
When you enter the Juvenile Justice Center, you must pass through security. In order to facilitate the process, please:
- Take off all coats, jackets and hats
- Remove steel toed boots (other shoes are okay)
- Remove cell phones from pockets, purses and bags and place in the bottom of the bin
- Remove laptops from bags - after passing through security, you will have to turn them to show that they work
- Walk through the metal detector with your hands at your sides. If the metal detector beeps, you will be checked with a hand-held wand before you may retrieve your belongings.
You are not allowed to bring the following items into the Juvenile Justice Center. If you have any of these items, they will be confiscated. Some items will not be returned to you. Others will be held until you leave the building. Possession of some items could result in immediate arrest.
- Mace or Pepper Spray
- Perfume bottles
- Illegal substances
- Glass bottles, cups, plates
- Metal silverware
- Pointed or sharp objects
In accordance with the Georgia Court Reopening Guide, all persons entering the Romae T. Powell Juvenile Justice Center will be required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times. The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office will provide a mask to entrants who do not have a face mask or facial covering. For more specific information, please see the 'Visiting Juvenile Court' overview page.