Chief Administrative Officer
Deputy Chief Administrative Officer
Director, Administration and Court Support Services, Programming and Grants
The Administration Office of Fulton County Juvenile Court oversees the daily operations of multiple Court divisions: The Office of the Clerk of Court, CHINS Unit, Court and Family Services and Probation Services, in addition to directly managing agency level functions.
The mission of Fulton County Juvenile Court Administration is the proper, careful and judicious management and oversight of all Court functions in support of the Court’s primary mission: first, to protect children and the community in matters brought before the Court, the rehabilitate children, and to restore families; and second, to create opportunities for the community, partners, and stakeholders to actively engage in this mission.
To this end, Administration oversees the development of the court’s budget and provides personnel administration, procurement services, the fiscal management of grants, facility management and planning, and electronic and telecommunications systems development and maintenance. More specifically, the Court provides oversight of the following:
- Accounting & Finance: The development and management of the Court’s annual budget, in addition to tracking revenues and expenditures throughout the fiscal year.
- Communications & Public Outreach: Responsible for all interactions with the public, members of the press/media and interagency and intergovernmental communication. This includes the in-house development and management of Juvenile Court’s website: fultonjuvenilecourt.org.
- Court & Family Services: This division directly manages Accountability Court Programs, the Complaint Office, the Educational Advocate, the Intake Attorney, the Citizen Review Panel and the Mediation program. Click here for more information.
- CHINS Unit: The Fulton County Juvenile Court’s Child in Need of Services (CHINS) Unit proactively works with pre-adjudicated youth to eliminate and reduce formal court involvement by offering resources and services on the front-end. The CHINS Unit collaborates with internal and external service providers and community partners to effectively address status offense behaviors with guidance from CHINS Social Services Coordinators.The CHINS Social Services Coordinators provide individualized case management services which includes: status offense consultations, needs assessments, advocacy, referrals to vetted service providers, and follow-up and monitoring of case plans over 30, 60, 90 day periods to maximize the impact to every child. For more information regarding CHINS services, please email CHINS Administrative Assistant Shandi Kent at Shandi.Kent@fultoncountyga.gov.
- Grants Procurement & Management: Responsible for identifying grant opportunities, applying for grants and managing awarded grant funds. The Court aggressively pursues grant funding opportunities in an effort to bolster its services to children and families while lessening these programs’ dependence on general fund (tax-payer) dollars.
- Human Resources: The management of the Court’s employees, organizational structure, personnel transactions and personnel development.
- Information Technology: The procurement, distribution and management of the Court’s technology-related resources, including computers, laptops, internet protocol telephones, mobile devices, courtroom recording equipment, assistive listening devices, and the Juvenile Court Activity Tracking System (JCATS).
- Office of the Clerk of Court: Responsible for maintaining the official records of the Court in accordance with existing state and local statutes. Click here for more information.
- Probation Services: Responsible for providing treatment, rehabilitative services and supervision to children who have been found to violate state and local ordinances. Probation operates several sub units, including multiple diversion programs that provide alternatives to the tradition adjudication process for qualifying youth. Click here for more information.
- Title VI Compliance: Responsible for ensuring that Juvenile Court is in compliance with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended and all related regulations and directives. Click here for more information.